Information on the Processing and Protection of Personal Data by the Integra Foundation
With regard to the personal data protection act (Act 18/2018 on personal data protection and amending and supplementing certain acts) and to Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the EU Council (on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data), which entered into force on the 25th of May 2018, we would like to inform you about the details of processing your personal data that you, as data subjects, provide to us.
If you have contacted the Integra Foundation by email, subscribed to our newsletter, entered into a contract with us, are our donor, sponsor or volunteer, participated in our event or are a visitor to our website, filled out one of the forms on our website or via Facebook, you are entrusting us with some of your personal data.
This document explains who we are, how we process your personal data, and what your rights are in relation to the Data Protection Regulation.
- The Controller of Your Personal Data
- Contact Details of the Controller
- Reasons for Processing Your Personal Data
- The Extent of Processing Your Personal Data
- The Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data
- The Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
- Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data Collected via the Website and the Internet
- The Period of Processing Your Personal Data
- Security and Protection of Your Personal Data
- Transfer of Your Personal Data
- Sharing Your Personal Data with Third Parties
- The Location of Processing Your Personal Data
- Your Rights as a Data Subject
The Controller of Your Personal Data
The controller of your personal data: the Integra Foundation, company ID: 31 747 493, registered in the register of foundations of the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic, under number 203/Na-96/346, located at Dobšinského 14, 811 05 Bratislava, Slovak Republic.
We are the processor of your personal data if you have provided them to us. This means that we are responsible for its protection and method of processing. We make sure that we process your personal data in accordance with the relevant legal regulations (in particular the Personal Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR) and this information.
Contact Details of the Controller
Our data protection officer is at your disposal in all matters related to the processing of your personal data. You can contact the authorized person regarding the processing of your personal data at the following e-mail address: email@example.com, or by post to the Integra Foundation, Dobšinského 14, 811 05 Bratislava, Slovak Republic.
Reasons for Processing Your Personal Data
We process your personal data if:
- You have subscribed to our newsletter
- You have supported us financially directly or through another donation platform
- You are involved in our Child Sponsorship Program (formerly Malaika)
- You were a participant in an event that we organized
- You have contacted us via email
- You are a visitor to our website
- You have entered into a contract with us
In most cases, you have provided us with your personal data and your consent to its processing yourself; for example by subscribing to our newsletter via the website, by filling out the child sponsorship form, by signing our signature forms, by sending a donation, or on another occasion. Personal data that are not collected directly from data subjects come from information from publicly accessible sources obtained directly by the Integra Foundation or by a contractual partner of the Integra Foundation.
The Extent of Processing Your Personal Data
In most cases, we process your name, surname and e-mail address. In some cases, we also process your phone number and address, or other personal or business contact details. This is common information that results from our communication with each other. If we have entered into a contract with each other, we process your personal data to the extent specified in the contract. If you visit the Foundation’s website, data such as IP addresses, cookies, or donor identifiers are also processed. Sensitive personal data, or personal data of a special category, are not regularly processed unless you, as the data subject, have previously given us consent for a specific purpose of processing these provided data.
The Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data
The Integra Foundation processes the personal data of data subjects mostly for the following purposes:
- Registration of donors and their donations for internal purposes.
- Informing about our activities by post, telephone or e-mail, sending updates and newsletters, expressing thanks, or providing other news and information, including at the request of the data subject. The option to unsubscribe from our newsletter is contained in each newsletter that we send.
- Communicating with our supporters, donors, volunteers or people who are interested in our activities regarding their support, cooperation and other activities.
- Communication for the purposes of the annual report, public presentation or other purposes with the aim of expanding the donor base and informing the public about the activities of the Foundation, based on the prior consent of the data subject.
- Managing our website and our social media accounts, with the aim of displaying the content of the site and accounts as efficiently as possible, based on data testing and analysis.
- If you have entered into a contract with us (e.g. a donation contract), we use your personal data specified in the contract for the purpose of fulfilling the contract.
- Contact with you.
The Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
For the purposes of the registration of data subjects and direct communication with them, the Integra Foundation relies on the existence of legitimate interest when processing basic personal data, as it functions as a non-profit organisation that fulfils its objectives by publicly presenting its activities, and exclusively with funds provided by donors and donor organisations. If you are our donor, you have supported our activities, or you have participated in one of our events and in this way you have expressed your support for our activities, we consider it our legitimate interest to inform you about what we are doing. We also derive our legitimate interest from the public benefit purpose of our organization. We consider it our legitimate interest to inform our supporters and the general public about the social issues and problems that we are addressing.
For other purposes, the Integra Foundation processes personal data based on the consent of the data subject.
If you have entered into a contract with the Integra Foundation (e.g. a donation or work contract), we process your data on the basis of the contract.
Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data Collected via the Website and the Internet
The Integra Foundation collects your personal data related to your activity on the website. This data may be, in particular, your IP address, your device or browser ID, your activity on the website, your time spent on the website, etc. We collect data as part of activity logs and also by using Google Analytics cookies. This information helps us understand the interest in the information on our website, and allows us to tailor its content to the interests of its visitors, as well as to expedite and simplify communication with the Integra Foundation.
The Period of Processing Your Personal Data
We process your personal data for the necessary period of time, as long as the purpose of their processing persists or until the consent of the data subject to the processing of personal data is revoked.
Security and Protection of Your Personal Data
We protect the personal data in our possession as much as possible against their leakage, misuse or damage. Files that contain personal data are password-protected, and only a limited number of employees and co-workers, who have been trained on how to handle and protect them, have access to the data.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
For the purpose of internal records of data subjects, the Integra Foundation uses the Salesforce database, where data can be stored on servers in the USA. For mass mail communication, the Integra Foundation uses the Mailchimp service, which stores data on servers in the USA. USA is approved by the European Commission as a safe country for the processing of personal data according to the requirements of the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Sharing Your Personal Data with Third Parties
For certain activities (for example, keeping a contact database, sending mass e-mails), we use the products and services of other companies designated for this purpose. These are so-called data processors and may come into contact with your personal data. These are professional companies that protect personal data at the highest level.
- Google Analytics and other services of the company
- Facebook / Instagram
The Location of Processing of Your Personal Data
We process personal data in the countries of the European Union. Some of our data processors (e.g. Google, Salesforce), may store various data also on the territory of third countries (outside the European Union).
Your Rights as a Data Subject
You have broad rights regarding the protection of your personal data:
- You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data that we process. In this case, we will delete all of your personal data that we have in our possession from the databases operated by us and our data processors. We will do so within 30 working days of receiving your request.
- If something changes for you and your personal data is no longer up to date, you have the right to ask us to correct the incorrect personal data we process.
- You have the right to limit the purpose of processing your personal data or their extent.
- You have the right to request access to your personal data that we process. We will specify what data of yours we process within 30 working days.
- If you want to take your personal data from us and transfer it to another entity, we will provide you with the data we have about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format within 30 days.
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal data that we process for the purpose of legitimate interest and also for direct marketing purposes. If the data subject objects to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes, the Integra Foundation will no longer process the personal data of the data subject for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. We will no longer process your personal data after receiving the revocation. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing that we carried out before the withdrawal. The withdrawal is possible by a written notice sent to the address of the Integra Foundation or to the Integra Foundation email address. From the date on which the consent withdrawal is received by the Integra Foundation, the Integra Foundation is obliged to terminate the processing of personal data for the purpose for which the consent was withdrawn. This does not affect the right of the Integra Foundation to process personal data for the purpose of fulfilling its legal obligations or for the purpose of protecting the rights and legal claims of the Integra Foundation or the data subject.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about unlawful processing of your personal data. You can contact us at any time with your complaint, or you can submit it to the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic.
If you wish to enforce any of these rights, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or a letter by post to our address. Please note that before we provide you with any information in this regard, we are entitled to ask you to provide some data and information in order to verify your identity.