Even Shopping Helps
Fair trade ensures fairer trading conditions for the farmers, observing human and labour rights, and respecting the environment.
The Basic Principles Include:
- The purchasing price ensures a dignified life
- Long-term business relationships
- The prohibition of forced and child labour
- Long-term development of local communities
- Controlled use of pesticides and agricultural chemicals
- The prohibition of using genetically modified crops
- A gentler approach to the use of natural resources
Fairtrade raw materials are mainly grown by small-scale growers in Africa, Asia and South America. These are mainly coffee, tea, bananas, cereals, cut flowers or cotton.
Look for fair products in your area. You can also buy them in our e-shop www.samay.sk. Enjoy fair coffee, tea, nuts or chocolate and help farmers live a better life.
TO THE SAMAY SHOP